Honeymoon Fire

IMG_1020

 

 

A young couple of newlyweds moved to Auburn from Reno on New Year’s Day hoping to start their new life together in a new city, full of hope and new opportunities.

They moved into an unfurnished rental duplex and on January 20 the unexpected occurred – the clothes dryer caught on fire resulting in major damage to their new home.

The call came in at 4:00 pm.  DAT volunteers Heath Wakelee, Chuck Snodgrass and Beryl Mayne agreed to respond to the duplex on Oak Street in Auburn.

The volunteers were able to talk to the young couple to get their information and provide the immediate assistance they needed – food, clothing and shelter.

“We know these young couple is resilient,’ said Heath Wakelee. “I’m glad we were able to be there for them to show how much we care and help them get some assistance for the next few days.”

 

Advertisements

Published by

Gold Country Crosswords

The American Red Cross Gold Country Region serves the Sierra-Delta Chapter as well as the Northeastern California Chapter, a total of 24 Counties from Stanislaus to Siskiyou. We are happy to serve the 4.4 million residents in the state.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s