I love the holidays! Every night at our house candles glow, the Christmas tree sparkles, and I dream of my first white Christmas. But, a forgotten burning candle can cause a devastating fire. So at bedtime, my mom and I make sure every candle is out. Because even though candles are beautiful, they can also be dangerous.
Candle fires are four times as likely to occur during the winter holidays. Make sure no candles are burning when you go to bed.
Be safe this holiday season.
It’s the holidays and for my family that means lots of time in the kitchen making big dinners and baking lots of pies!
Remember, when you’re cooking, check your food regularly, use a timer, and stay close to the kitchen. Don’t let that great food burn, or worse, start a fire in your home.
Did you know that about 40% of home fires start in the kitchen?
Keep an eye on what’s cookin’ in your kitchen. Be safe this holiday season!
Learn more about fire safety at the Red Cross website: Prevent Home Fires.