Nearly every eight minutes, the American Red Cross extends a helping hand to a family in need that has lost everything – the roof over their heads, their clothes, their most cherished possessions – to a home fire.
The Red Cross Northeastern California Chapter has been busy helping those affected in and around 13 northeastern counties from Sutter and Colusa to the Oregon Border, but we need your help on one special day to continue to provide the emergency services that your neighbors depend on.
On April 21, you have a chance to help families in need whenever and wherever they need it by participating in the Red Cross’ Giving Day to #help1family. A donation of just $88.50 can provide a family with a day’s worth of food, plus blankets and other essentials.
We are proud of the work we accomplished to help people in Northeastern California last year:
- Installing 424 smoke alarms in the community
- Providing 380 overnight stays to families in need
- Serving 24,000 meals and snacks to people affected by disasters
Spread the word about Red Cross Giving Day – the more people who support Giving day means we can help even more. Use your social media channels to reach out to friends and family and ask them to donate to #help1family by visiting redcross.org/giving day.
Here are four ways your donation will #help1family:
- Supporting a family in urgent need: provide funding to give them a day’s worth of food, blankets, and other essentials.
- Supplying warm meals: help provide hearty, comforting meals to those impacted by disasters.
- Providing clean-up kits after a disaster strikes: make clean-up kits available for families in need that include vital items like a mop, bucket, and disinfectant.
- Deploying an emergency response vehicle for a day: Red Cross workers travel to impacted neighborhoods in fully stocked Emergency Response vehicles to provide food, water and critical relief.
Imagine the impact that we could have on our community if everyone wanted to #help1family.