Happy day before Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving is really my favorite holiday of them all. A day for family, great food, football, family games and just sit around and remember the year that we’ve enjoyed, the ups and downs that helps us grow and learn. It’s also a time to reflect how we are so blessed.
Hopefully you are all ready for tomorrow with your recipe list and shopping list! (I know, I don’t have to worry much, because I have an awesome mother-in-law who spoils everyone on Thanksgiving!)
Now, we want to help you with your #GivingTuesday to do list to get your friends, fans, family, and followers ready to give this holiday week:
- Wednesday: As you travel this week, take time to share on social media how you are giving and why. Post an #UNselfie with a pledge to give on #GivingTuesday. Write a Facebook or blog post about your ideas to give. Lots of people will be tuning in to social today – let’s make the conversation about giving.
- Thursday: Enjoy your Thanksgiving by sharing what you are thankful for. Invite your friends and family to join you in saying thanks and have a discussion about how you can give to others on #GivingTuesday.
- Friday: As you get amazing deals, remember to think about those who cannot afford gifts this season. Track how much you save and donate back some of those savings to charity on #GivingTuesday.
- Saturday: Connect with your local small businesses about how they serve your community. Ask them to talk to customers about how they can support local charities on 12/1.
- Sunday: Rest up and share one act of kindness or story from the weekend that inspires you to give. This can be from conversations at Thanksgiving to someone opening a door for you at a store. Celebrate this kindness and spread the giving spirit.
- Monday: Go online and tweet, post, record, and share how you are giving back on 12/1. People will be sharing deals. Let’s share plans for #GivingTuesday and making giving go viral!
- Tuesday: It’s the big day!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and safe travels. We’re so excited to have you on board this #GivingTuesday. YOU make this movement a reality!