Yesterday was a great day for the Sacramento region and its surrounding communities. The American Red Cross Gold Country Region was one of 529 local non-profits who took part of the 2nd annual Big Day of Giving.
Altogether, there were 36, 531 donations totaling $5, 613, 700! Woo Hoo!
The @RCSierraDelta numbers are pretty awesome as well. We doubled last year’s donors to 182 this year and raised $25,545, compared to $15,000 last year.
We are so very thankful to each and every one who clicked to donate; we wouldn’t have been able to break our records without you! We appreciate your support of to your local Red Cross.
What do your Big Day of Giving Donations mean:
- Thanks to your donation, we will now be able to provide shelter to 11 families for 3 nights each after they are displaced from a disaster.
- Several comfort kits, snacks, and two hot means for someone who has lost their home in a fire.
- Training and deployment costs for a shelter team
- Several comfort kits to deployed troops
- Two cribs for infants in a shelter
Big Dog 2015 was also organized in more than 100 communities across the country with the hope of reaching millions of donors and raising over 100 million nationwide, each community rallied support for the vital work of local non-profits.
It’s a day of celebration in Gold Country!!